Moore Park Beach Attractions & Events
Moore Park Beach offers a variety of things to do and places to explore.
Get Back To Nature
In and around the township you can:
- Stroll along 17km of pristine sandy beach
- Catch dolphins playing in the waves, or maybe spot a passing whale
- Maybe witness turtles nesting and hatching (Nov-March)
- Go bird watching (especially around the lagoon)
Recreation & Leisure
Activities and facilities include:
- Walking and cycling tracks
- Skate bowl
- Tennis courts for hire
- Bowls club
- Jammin Coffee van for Coffee on the beach
- Playground and park
- Access the beach for 4W driving and fishing
- Coral Coast Community Cottage tourist information centre
Dining & Shopping
Being a small township, there is limited dining and shopping. However, you don’t have to go far to get a great meal and some supplies.
- Shopping centre with IGA supermarket, bakery/café, takeaway & Chinese restaurant
- Moore Park Beach Bowls & Sports Club
- Moore Park Beach Tavern
- Service Station
Festival of Arts
The Moore Park Beach Festival of Arts is held in August each year and offers a variety of performing and visual arts. To check dates and get more information visit https://www.facebook.com/MooreParkBeachArtsFestival/
Bundaberg Region Attractions & Events
Using Moore Park Beach Motel as your home base, you can enjoy the many attractions the Bundaberg region has waiting for you to enjoy and explore.
Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience
Visit the home of the iconic Bundaberg Rum. See how it’s made and even get the opportunity to create your own unique blend.
Home of Bundaberg’s other famous beverage, Bundaberg Ginger Beer. These days though, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks also makes lots of fantastic flavours for you to try. Enjoy an interactive experience and find out why this brand is expanding worldwide.
Lady Musgrave Experience
Experience the best of southern Great Barrier Reef. Go snorkelling amongst exotic corals and tropical fish, swim with turtles, enjoy an island walk, glass bottom boat tour, and catered lunch and morning tea.
Mon Repos Turtle Encounter
From November to March, the best way to experience the wonder of the turtle breeding season is under the supervision of a qualified ranger who will provide you with informative insights, education, and a close-up encounter with one of nature’s miracles.
You could spend an entire day exploring this unique part of Bundaberg.
- The Sugarcane Railway is open most weekends and public holidays.
- Explore the paths and boardwalks meandering around the gardens and lakes.
- Visit the Japanese and Chinese gardens and feel enriched by their pure beauty and peacefulness.
- Enjoy lunch or coffee at Café 1928
- Visit the historic Fairymead House
Hinkler Hall of Aviation
- The Hinkler Hall of Aviation features a variety of displays and interactive opportunities showcasing Bundaberg’s aviation icon Bert Hinkler
- Tour the Historical Museum
The most relaxing way to enjoy the beautiful Burnett River. Take a day cruise past the many interesting points along the river or hire a boat for a private charter. http://www.burnettrivercruises.com.au/
Learn about Bundaberg’s rich variety of fresh produce, meet the producers, and get an inside look into our local food production industry. Of course, you’ll also enjoy some fantastic tastes.
Usually held on the last weekend in July, the colourful Childers Festival is the only event that closes the Bruce Highway and features and array of cultural sounds, flavours, sights, and experiences.
A celebration of the tastes of Bundaberg, Winterfeast features a variety of food and beverage focused events that will leave any foodie wanting to come back year after year. Usually held in July each year.
CRUSH Festival is a must do for lovers of visual and performance arts. The region enjoys an abundance of talented artists whose work can be experienced in a variety of ways alongside the work of special guest performers and artists from outside the region. Usually held in October each year.
Coffee van for Coffee on the beach.
Opening Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 8.45am – 11.30am, and Sunday from 8.30am till 11am. Situated in a caravan near the old Surf Club building.
Riverfeast comes alive every Friday night with an array of internationally inspired foods, craft beer and wine with a spectacular view of the Burnett River
Find out what’s on: https://www.facebook.com/riverfeastbundaberg/